When: 29 June 2015, 1:15-2:30 pm
Where: Conference Room 6, UN Headquarters, New York (Participants will need a valid UN grounds pass to gain admittance)
Organisers: CIVICUS (as part of the SD2015 programme), with support from Finland and Switzerland
The High-Level Political Forum on Sustainable Development (HLPF) is proposed as the institutional “home” for follow-up and review of the post-2015 development agenda; and therefore presents a critical entry-point to ensure delivery of the post-2015 agenda and sustainable development more broadly.
This side event will present the results of an international stakeholder consultation on the mandate and means of stakeholder engagement in the HLPF. It will highlight key findings of the consultation and present recommendations for stakeholder engagement mechanisms moving forward. Moreover, the event will present stakeholders with tools for advocacy in terms of raising awareness of the HLPF and the overall governance process of the implementation of the post-2015 Development Agenda.
- Maruxa Cardama, Executive Coordinator, Communitas
- Janne Taalas, Deputy Permanent Representative of Finland to the UN
- Dr. Paulina Franceschi, Deputy Permanent Representative of Panama to the UN
- Ambassador Pio Wennubst, Assistant Director General, Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (TBC)
- Jan-Gustav Strandenaes, Governance Expert
- Hanna Hansson, Special Envoy for Global Sustainable Development, Switzerland