This mini-site is for civil society organisations and other stakeholders that wish to influence the post-2015 development agenda, including the design and implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
You can navigate its content using the tiles below or the menu overhead:
An interactive version of the 'SD2015 Advocacy Toolkit: Influencing the Post-2015 Agenda'. This will help you to:
- Understand the key post-2015 development agenda processes, including the proposed Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the distinction between goals, targets and indicators;
- Identify opportunities to influence the agenda at national, regional and global levels;
- Identify key post-2015 stakeholders and decision-makers, and their relative influence at national, regional and global levels;
- Decide on your post-2015 advocacy priorities;
- Develop a comprehensive action plan to influence your government and/or relevant intergovernmental bodies;
- Apply the adopted post-2015 framework to your national context and identify the national indicators to be adopted by your country;
- Monitor and evaluate the results of your advocacy; and ultimately
- Hold your government and others to account to deliver their post-2015 commitments.
A companion guide to the Advocacy Toolkit, called 'Engaging with the Media', and an area of the mini-site with enhanced content including video and audio clips. It will help you to:
- Understand different forms of media;
- Develop your messages for the media;
- Understand, approach and work with journalists;
- Compose press releases and conduct interviews, press conferences and photo calls;
- Utilise social media; and
- Deal with a crisis.
Further information and a series of tools, top tips, case studies and worksheets for you to apply to your own advocacy campaign.
Links to both the Advocacy Toolkit and Media Guide in: